Football in India is growing big and quite rapidly after the Indian Football senior male team won the Treble, but very few Indian fans know about women’s footballers in India, which is why you need to know the best five Indian women’s footballers.
1. Oinam Bembem Devi: Widely regarded as a living legend of Indian women’s football, Bembem Devi is a former midfielder who played for the national team for 21 years. She was awarded Arjuna Award in 2017 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Padma Shri in 2020. She debuted for India in 1995 and played till 2016, appearing in 85 matches, scoring 32 goals.
2. Ngangom Bala Devi: Bala Devi, the current star player in the national team, is the first Indian woman to play in a European tournament. He plays for Rangers FC in Scotland, where he has scored three goals in eight games so far. She is also the all-time leading scorer in the Indian Women’s League (IWL), with 58 goals in 52 matches. He has won two SAFF Cup titles and one South Asian Games gold medal with India. She is right now playing for the Odisha team.
3. Loitongbam Ashalata Devi: Ashalata Devi is a national team defender and captain who has played since 2010. She has won two SAFF Cup titles and one South Asian Games gold medal with India and was named AFC Women’s Player of the Year in the title in 2019. Right now, she is playing for the Gokulam Kerala team.
4. Aditi Chauhan: She is a goalkeeper and vice-captain of the countrywide group, who has been playing since 2012. She has gained two SAFF Cup titles and one South Asian Games gold medal with India and changed into named the Woman Footballer of the Year by the AIFF in 2016. She also became the primary Indian female to play in England when she joined West Ham United in 2015. She presently plays for Gokulam Kerala FC inside the IWL.
5. Sasmita Malik: Sasmita Malik is a winger and one of the maximum skilled players of the countrywide crew, who has been gambling since 2004. She has gained 4 SAFF Cup titles and South Asian Games gold medals with India and changed into named the SAFF Women’s Championship Most Valuable Player in 2016. She additionally plays for Kryphsa FC inside the IWL, wherein she helped them attain the very last in 2020.
These are some of the best Indian ladies’ soccer players who have shown their talent and passion for the sport. They have stimulated many younger women to take up football and pursue their goals.