Romeo Lavia is a 19-year-old Belgian midfielder who played for Southampton last season. He is regarded as one of the most promising young talents in Europe, with his ability to dictate the tempo, break up play, and score goals.
Lavia was linked with both Chelsea and Liverpool this summer after Southampton were relegated from the Premier League. Both clubs were looking for midfield reinforcements and saw Lavia as a potential star for the future.
However, according to various reports, Lavia has decided to join Chelsea, who have agreed a deal worth £58 million with Southampton. He will undergo a medical with the Blues this week and sign a long-term contract. He changed his mind to go for Chelsea after Liverpool saw him as an optional player after launching their record-breaking deal of £110m for Caicedo. Chelsea is going to have one of the best midfield areas, as they already signed Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo. They are going to fight for the title because this year they don’t have any European tournament to play in, which makes them easy to focus on only one goal.
Lavia’s decision was influenced by several factors, such as:
- Chelsea’s recent success in winning the Champions League and the FA Cup and challenging for the Premier League title.
- Chelsea’s willingness to pay a higher fee and offer better personal terms than Liverpool.
- Chelsea’s track record of developing young players, such as Mason Mount, Reece James, and Callum Hudson-Odoi.
- Chelsea’s style of play under Mauricio Pochettino suits Lavia’s strengths and allows him to express himself creatively.
- Chelsea’s squad depth and quality give him more chances to compete for trophies and learn from experienced players.
Lavia snubbed Liverpool for the second time in his career after rejecting their academy offer when he was 15. He also followed Moises Caicedo, who chose Chelsea over Liverpool earlier this summer in a record-breaking £115 million deal. Liverpool are in huge trouble after failing to sign both midfielders, and it might cost them to lose some points in the Premier League and Euro Cup.
- Chelsea’s Nkunku and Lavia Set to Miss Man Utd Clash as Pochettino Provides Injury Update”In a recent update from Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino, it has been revealed that the much-anticipated debuts of Christopher Nkunku…
- Thomas Tuchel Thrives in Bayern Munich’s Winning CultureThomas Tuchel’s success in Bayern Munich’s winning culture and his response to a recent DFB-Pokal setback.
- Harry Kane’s Silence on England’s Win Over Germany in Euro 2021: Respect for RivalsBayern’s Harry Kane avoids taunting German teammates over England’s 2-0 win in Euro 2021.