Indian ace bowler Jasprit Bumrah added another unique record to his name after giving Australia the first setback during the India vs Australia clash in the 2023 World Cup. Jasprit Bumrah started the bowling attack from the Indian side; he was releasing the ball at a good pace and providing some extra air to the ball to get more swing. David Warner tackled the deliveries well, but Mitchell Marsh wasn’t that skilled, and it was during the third over of the innings when Jasprit Bumrah managed to dismiss him on a duck. The extra bounce that he got on the ball bamboozled Mitchell Marsh, and Virat Kohli took a blinder in the slip to send him back to the pavilion.
Jasprit Bumrah’s Unique Record
With the first blow India gave Australia, Jasprit Bumrah became the first Indian bowler in the history of the ICC ODI World Cup to dismiss an Australian opener for a duck. Apart from the pacers, the Indian spinners did their job well; each spinner completed their 10 over spell with Ravindra Jadeja (3/28), Kuldeep Yadav (2/42), and Ravichandran Ashwin (1/34) during the match. Jasprit Bumrah finished his spell with (2/35) with the bowlers immense contribution. India restricted Australia to 199 runs in 49.3 overs.
India’s start while chasing the target of 200 runs wasn’t impressive as the team blue lost their 3 wickets in quick succession as Australian bowlers were bowling well to give an upset to the Indian side, but it was the former India’s captain Virat Kohli and KL Rahul who rescued the team from that situation, with KL Rahul finishing the match in MS Dhoni’s style by hitting a six to take India home. Virat Kohli smashed 85 runs during the match, and KL Rahul scored an unbeaten 97 runs in the match. The duo had a partnership of 165 runs for the fourth wicket.
- Mitchell Johnson Criticizes David Warner’s Inclusion in Test Squad: A Text Message Unveils DiscordDiscover why Mitchell Johnson criticized David Warner’s inclusion in the Test squad. Unveiling the truth behind the critique, Johnson reveals a text message that changed the game.
- Thrilling Showdowns Mark Day 3 Of PKL 2023: Bengal Warriors Triumph Over Bengaluru Bulls, Puneri Paltan Outshine Jaipur Pink PanthersRelive the exciting moments of Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Day 3. Bengal Warriors secure a narrow win against Bengaluru Bulls, while Puneri Paltan stages a comeback to defeat defending champions Jaipur Pink Panthers.”
- West Indies vs England 2nd ODI Match Prediction, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Injury News and Dream 11 PicksGet the latest insights into the West Indies vs England 2nd ODI match, including predictions, player previews, injury reports, and key players to watch.
- IPL 2024 Auction Buzz: Star-Studded Player List Revealed!Explore the global spectacle of the IPL 2024 Auction with English talents Adil Rashid, Dawid Malan, and Australian giants like Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins.
- Thomas Müller’s Future at Bayern Munich Remains Uncertain Amid Contract TalksBayern Munich legend Thomas Müller’s future at the club hangs in the balance amid contract negotiations.