Lionel Messi has made an instant impact in American soccer, with the Argentine sensation having shown his class and quality since his stunning move from Paris Saint-Germain to Inter Miami was announced in July.
Messi is unquestionably the most talented player in MLS and arguably the most talented the league has ever witnessed. Therefore, everyone is going to be following him as he tries to lift Miami from near the bottom of the standings into playoff hopefuls and, eventually, title contenders.
LAFC 1-3 Inter Miami, MLS The celebrities were in Los Angeles on Sunday night. Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Ferrell, Selena Gomez, LeBron James, Jason Sudeikis, Prince Harry… all there to watch one man. There was even royalty in the crowd, with none other than Prince Harry joining the spectacle, and what a spectacle it was. With some of the world’s most famous watching on, Messi showed once again why he’s the biggest name in soccer, the star that even other stars can’t help but admire.
The Argentine led Inter Miami to yet another win, setting up two of them as he continued to dominate for the Herons no matter who was on the receiving end of it all. Inter Miami scored the first goal in the 14th minute of the match as Facundo Farias opened the scoring, and then after halftime, it was Messi’s magic which gave an amazing assist to Jordi Alba, who scored the 2nd goal of the match in the 51st minute of the match.
Once again, in the 83rd minute of the match, Messi showed his magic and gave another assist to Leonardo Campana to give a 3-0 lead to Inter Miami, but then in the 90+ minute, Ryan Hollingshead scored a header of Carlos Vela’s cross to score a consultation goal.
Los Angeles FC could have scored many more goals, but they failed to convert an easy chance into a goal, especially their winger D. Bouanga, who missed 7-8 chances to score a goal and played quite a selfish way, which turned into a team disaster.
- Thomas Müller’s Future at Bayern Munich Remains Uncertain Amid Contract TalksBayern Munich legend Thomas Müller’s future at the club hangs in the balance amid contract negotiations.
- Harry Kane’s Impressive Scoring Streak Raises Questions About Bundesliga RecordsHarry Kane’s prolific goal-scoring in the Bundesliga is turning heads and fueling record-breaking discussions.
- Nottingham Forest Owner Targets Top-Ten Premier League Finish Amid Managerial PressureNottingham Forest owner targets top-ten Premier League finish amid growing pressure on manager Steve Cooper.
- Liverpool Fans Anxious as Alisson Becker Faces Extended Absence Due to InjuryLiverpool fans express concerns as star goalkeeper Alisson Becker faces extended absence due to injury.
- Manchester United’s European Dreams Dangle by a Thread After 3-3 Draw with Galatasaray FCAndre Onana’s nightmarish performance haunts Manchester United as they settle for a 3-3 draw against Galatasaray.