New Zealand vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Highlights: New Zealand continued its win run in the World Cup 2023 with its win over the Netherlands in match number 6 of the ODI event. The New Zealand team looked much more balanced and outperformed the Netherlands in both the bowling and batting departments. With the loss against New Zealand, the Netherlands lost both of their matches played so far in the tournament. Mitchell Santner was the highlight of the match due to his all-round performance with the bat and ball; he sailed his team over to the winning shore.
New Zealand vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Highlights: Playing XI During The Match
New Zealand playing XI: Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
Netherlands playing XI: Vikramjit Singh, Max ODowd, Colin Ackermann, Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Scott Edwards(w/c), Sybrand Engelbrecht, Roelof van der Merwe, Ryan Klein, Aryan Dutt, Paul van Meekeren
New Zealand vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Highlights
The Netherlands, after winning the toss, invited New Zealand to bat first. New Zealand’s Devon Conway and Will Young started the innings for their team and provided the start New Zealand needed after the first setback given by the Netherlands. Rachin Ravindra, the exciting all-rounder of the “Blackcaps,” came to the crease and didn’t miss out this time as well to impress his teammates as the left-handed batter scored another half-century for his team after his unbeaten century in the first match against England. Will Young remained the highest scorer for the team with 70 runs. Some quick-fire from Mitchell Santner at the end took New Zealand to 322/7 in 50 overs.
While Chasing 323 runs, the Netherlands start wasn’t ideal, though the openers played some shots, and due to some misfielding, the Netherlands scorecard was running, but New Zealand’s bowler managed to take wickets at regular intervals to stop the Netherlands at 223 runs. Colin Ackermann, with 69 runs, remained the highest run scorer for his team.
New Zealand vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Highlights: Final Scorecard (Batting)
|Devon Conway- 32 runs||Vikramjit Singh- 12 runs |
|Will Young- 70 runs||Max O’Dowd- 16 runs|
|Rachin Ravindra- 51 runs||Colin Ackermann- 69 runs|
|Daryl Mitchell- 48 runs||Bas de Leede- 18 runs|
|Tom Latham- 53 runs||Teja Nidamanuru- 21 runs|
|Glenn Phillips- 4 run||Scott Edwards- 30 runs|
|Mark Chapman- 5 run||Sybrand Engelbrecht- 29 runs|
|Mitchell Santner- 36 runs (not out)||Roelof van der Merwe- 1 run|
|Matt Henry –10 runs (not out)||Ryan Klein- 8 run|
|Lockie Ferguson- (DNB)||Aryan Dutt- 11 run|
|Trent Boult– (DNB)||Paul van Meekeren- 4 (not out)|
New Zealand vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Highlights: Final Scorecard (Bowling)
|Paul van Meekeren||9||59||2|
|Roelof van der Merwe||9||56||2|
|Bas de Leede||10||64||1|
New Zealand vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Highlights: Player of the Match
- Aiden Markram Leads South Africa Squad Against India: Squad RevealedDiscover the dynamic South Africa squad gearing up to face India in T20s, ODIs, and Tests. Get to know the players, captains, and the buzz around the upcoming cricket series.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Highlights: Matchday 2Catch the exhilarating highlights of Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Matchday 2. Gujarat Giants triumph in a close battle against Bengaluru Bulls, while Ajinkya Pawar leads Tamil Thalaivas to a commanding win over Dabang Delhi.
- West Indies broke England’s comeback hope in the ODI CricketShai Hope’s inspired century, guided by advice from MS Dhoni, propels West Indies to chase down 325 against England.
- Harry Kane’s Impressive Scoring Streak Raises Questions About Bundesliga RecordsHarry Kane’s prolific goal-scoring in the Bundesliga is turning heads and fueling record-breaking discussions.
- What Is Net Run Rate In Cricket And How It Is Calculated?Calculating the net run rate is an excellent method to get to the conclusion of who is the best performer in the number of matches played.
The bowling all-rounder Mitchell Santner was named Player of the Match for his brilliant performance with the ball as he took five wickets against the Netherlands to stop them at 223 runs.