The 2023 F1 Brazilian Grand Prix qualifying session was a thrilling affair, as Max Verstappen secured his 11th pole position of the season before the storm.
The Red Bull driver Max Verstappen set the fastest time of 1:10.727 on his first run in Q3 before a heavy rain shower made the track too slippery for any improvements. Verstappen was followed by Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, who was only 0.294 seconds behind, and Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll, who surprised everyone with a superb third place.
The other Aston Martin of Fernando Alonso was fourth, ahead of Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton, who had a disappointing session and could not challenge Verstappen for the top spot. Hamilton’s teammate George Russell was eighth, behind McLaren’s Lando Norris and Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz Jr.
The other Red Bull of Sergio Perez was ninth, after being hampered by a yellow flag in the final sector caused by Oscar Piastri’s spin. The Australian rookie, who had impressed with the fastest time in Q2, ended up 10th for McLaren.
The rest of the grid was decided in Q2 and Q1, with some notable names missing out on the top 10 shootout. Haas’ Nico Hulkenberg was 11th, followed by Alpine’s Kevin Magnussen and Alex Albon, who had a solid performance for Williams. Alpine’s Esteban Ocon and Pierre Gasly were 14th and 15th, respectively, while AlphaTauri’s Yuki Tsunoda and Daniel Ricciardo were eliminated in Q1, along with Alfa Romeo’s Valtteri Bottas and Guanyu Zhou, and Williams’ Logan Sargeant.
The Sao Paulo Grand Prix promises to be an exciting race, with Verstappen looking to extend his 16-winning run to make it 17 wins that is going to keep on creating a new record for most wins by a driver in a single season, and he also got up to 18th Podiums which is amazing. The 2nd driver in the Driver Championship is Red Bull second driver Sergio Perez, with 2 wins and 8 podiums.
Red Bull has already won the Constructor Championship, and Max Verstappen has already claimed his third title in a row to become the best driver in 2023. However, there is still a fight going on between Ferrari and Mercedes for the 2nd spot in the Constructors. Mc Laren and Aston Martin are looking to seal their spot for the 3rd place in the Constructors. That will excite the fans because Red Bull is way ahead even in thinking to reach.
- Aiden Markram Leads South Africa Squad Against India: Squad RevealedDiscover the dynamic South Africa squad gearing up to face India in T20s, ODIs, and Tests. Get to know the players, captains, and the buzz around the upcoming cricket series.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Highlights: Matchday 2Catch the exhilarating highlights of Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Matchday 2. Gujarat Giants triumph in a close battle against Bengaluru Bulls, while Ajinkya Pawar leads Tamil Thalaivas to a commanding win over Dabang Delhi.
- West Indies broke England’s comeback hope in the ODI CricketShai Hope’s inspired century, guided by advice from MS Dhoni, propels West Indies to chase down 325 against England.
- Harry Kane’s Impressive Scoring Streak Raises Questions About Bundesliga RecordsHarry Kane’s prolific goal-scoring in the Bundesliga is turning heads and fueling record-breaking discussions.
- What Is Net Run Rate In Cricket And How It Is Calculated?Calculating the net run rate is an excellent method to get to the conclusion of who is the best performer in the number of matches played.