The Italian star midfielder Marco Verratti left Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday and chose to play in Saudi Arabia club Al-Arabi as he is going to earn around €33 million per year on a two-year contract, and also Al-Arabi paid €45 million for his service, which is more than his market value.
Verratti joined PSG in 2012 from Pescara for about €12.00m and appeared 2nd highest for PSG, which is around 416 matches, just behind the legend Jean-Marc Pilorget, who played 436 matches for Paris side club. Verratti is one of the world’s most skilled midfielders and will also be the star for the Al-Arabi, who signed their first superstar.
He won 9 League One titles, six Coupe de France cups, nine Trophee Des Champions, and Six French League Cups. He scored 11 goals and gave 61 assists for the team but failed to get his hand on the UEFA Champions League title. He played in the final of the 2020 UCL but lost against Bayern Munich, and at that time, PSG had the most lethal attacking front, starting with Kylian Mbappe and Neymar Jr.
Kylian Mbappe and Marco Verratti played for six seasons together at PSG, and both shared a good friendship during this long time. Kylian Mbappe posted on his Twitter for his friend Verratti.
It is going to be hard for PSG to find a high-caliber player like Verratti in their midfield area. However, they recently signed Manuel Ugarte from Sporting CP for about €60.00m to fill the gap in the midfield area, but Ugarte is still not a tested player in the top leagues like League 1. In the summer, PSG already told Verrati and Neymar to look for another club as Neymar also signed for another Saudi Pro League club.
- Harry Kane’s Impressive Scoring Streak Raises Questions About Bundesliga RecordsHarry Kane’s prolific goal-scoring in the Bundesliga is turning heads and fueling record-breaking discussions.
- Nottingham Forest Owner Targets Top-Ten Premier League Finish Amid Managerial PressureNottingham Forest owner targets top-ten Premier League finish amid growing pressure on manager Steve Cooper.
- Liverpool Fans Anxious as Alisson Becker Faces Extended Absence Due to InjuryLiverpool fans express concerns as star goalkeeper Alisson Becker faces extended absence due to injury.
- Manchester United’s European Dreams Dangle by a Thread After 3-3 Draw with Galatasaray FCAndre Onana’s nightmarish performance haunts Manchester United as they settle for a 3-3 draw against Galatasaray.
- Arsenal Clinch £31 Million in Champions League Prize Money En Route to Round of 16In a significant financial boost for Arsenal, they have already secured a whopping £31 million in Champions League prize money after confirming their place in…